Monday, August 23, 2010

Something new.....

This last week was my first official week of no work....I envisioned sleeping in late and lazing around the house in my pajamas all day long watching tivoed shows....that sure didn't happen! I was as busy as if I had put in a full 40!! But a lot of things got accomplished and it was a very good week.
At the very beginning of the week, Michael and I got a new car (well, used, but new to us). We have been looking for the better part of the year and just haven't found the right thing at the right price and had been worrying a little bit about how to make either my 2 door car or his truck work for an infant. We really hadn't come up with much. After two almost purchases of 4-door sedans (thankfully, with the help of our awesome mechanic, we found out they had both been wrecked and not worth the asking price) we saw a nicely priced SUV and decided to check it out. I will backtrack a little to mention that I might be a tad of a car snob...as in, I drive a 6-cylinder, leather seat, sunroof, 2 door car that I LOVE and pretty much just wanted a bigger version of that car....turns out all those little extras add up on the price tag of any larger or newer version of my car. Michael was only concerned with the safety and price of whatever we got, and in that order. Since he was (probably) right about what we needed to focus on I had pretty much dropped all criteria except leather (haha....wouldn't that be so much easier to clean up if a baby threw up on it??!!) and we were looking at Accords, Altimas, and the like.
Anyway, we go check out this SUV on a whim and it was immaculate and the price seemed decent. But I was so nervous that our mechanic would once again say no way. Turns out the thing was taken care of like a baby and in excellent shape. Ok, that was good news....now the other issue of price....Michael did a great job of negotiating and the best part is we ended up getting it and not increasing our payment (of Michael's truck that we traded in) at all! We stuck to our plan of only having one car payment (my car is paid off) and we are even saving on insurance a little bit! Here are a few pics of what we ended up with......and I couldn't be happier!!!

In the end we got something that we both love, I didn't have to drop any of my criteria and we didn't go over our planned budget on this Acura MDX...it's got leather, V6, loaded with all kinds of features we haven't yet figured out...tons of room and low mileage....plus not one single mechanical issue and great safety ratings....I will definitely be driving this for a long while and am glad that we didn't just settle and ended up finding the perfect baby-mobile for us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment