Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Today is Brought to You by the Number 3

Yes, the title of this blog does both refer to the fact that today is our third anniversary and to Sesame Street.  A lot sure has changed in three years, haha.  We definitely might not be as exciting as we were three years ago.  We went out more.  Spent more time with friends (although sometimes I wish we could do this now too).  Even though we did have Sophia on our last anniversary, we weren't at the toddler watching Sesame Street stage yet, so we had a pretty normal couple-with-a-baby life style.  On our first anniversary, I was early in pregnancy, so things were just starting to change for us as a married couple.  In this last year, she has run the show around our house.  The funny thing is, even though when I married Michael three years ago I wasn't thinking ahead to all the years when our lives wouldn't be quite as exciting as they were at first, I really sort of was.  I was looking forward to watching him get home from work, picking up our daughter and playing with her and reading to her and giving her a bath each night.  On our first anniversary I loved him for the great husband he was and the great dad I thought he would be in the near future.  On our second anniversary I loved him even more for the great dad he was learning to be with our daughter and how well he was doing with her and how he was becoming an even better husband.  And today, on our third anniversary, I love him even more still, for being such a wonderful father to Sophia, for loving her and me and taking care of us and for the prospect of him loving future kids that we might have, just knowing that he'll be great at it.  Next year there will be something to add to that love I'm sure, that will make my love for him grow even more.  It hasn't been a perfect three years....of course, no marriage is perfect, but really all the good things that have happened in the last three years far outweigh any arguments or disagreements that have occurred.  If anything, each year that goes by gives us something to work on for the coming year to improve and strengthen the marriage to make it stronger.  I look forward to our fourth year (and fifth and sixth and seventh and so on)....I hope it brings exciting things.  But if it only brings more non-exciting Sesame Street watching with our daughter....that will be a happy and exciting enough year for me!   



No comments:

Post a Comment