Monday, February 18, 2013

Finishing Up Our Orlando Trip in September

When we weren't at a Disney park, we were relaxing at the resort at the pool.  I loved the pool, it was perfect for Sophia since the shallow end was just a walk right in style.  The day after the Magic Kingdom, we spent some time swimming. 



The day after that, we went to Sea World.  It was SO HOT.  The year before when we went, we purchased a year pass and had gone a couple of times since, but it wasn't going to cost us anything so we decided to go this time around.  Sophia really likes the dolphins and whales and other sea creatures (and I do too).  But oh, my gosh, it was unbearably hot.  We caught the few shows we wanted to see, Michael and his brother rode the rides they wanted to ride, and we probably were home by lunch time.  Sea World is nice, but not quite up to Disney par.  There just doesn't seem to be enough shade or something.  However, the baby changing facilities are super nice, which surprised me.  They are set pretty much in the back of the park, so a bit of a walk to get there....but they have everything the Disney baby changing stations have and in the bathrooms in there they have a normal sized toilet and a tiny kid-sized toilet too!  It was pretty cute, haha.  Even the sinks were big and little for the adults and kids.  :-)  Kinda lame if that was a highlight, haha.  We did have fun, but the heat made it so we couldn't really totally enjoy the park.  We didn't even take as many pictures as usual, but here is what we got. 
 Before the dolphin show (not sure why this pic is fuzzy)

 Soph and I spent a lot of time at the underwater dolphin viewing.  For one, there was cool air blowing and it was out of the sun.  For another, Michael and his brother were on rides that we couldn't ride anyway. 
 She was excited every time the dolphins swam by. 

 Mommy/Sophia self portrait.  I guess I could've asked someone else to take it, haha. 
 She wanted to touch them.  Once she is old enough, her and I will be able to be able to feed them together...that is one of my favorite parts of Sea World, the dolphin feeding area. 
Waiting for the new Turtle Trek exhibit.  It was pretty cool, but a lot of just standing in a line and walking along.  Not quite what I expected. 
Once we got back from Sea World, Soph went in for a nap and I spent two uninterrupted hours all by myself reading at the pool.  It was AWESOME!  It's ok if it's super hot if you can lounge by the pool.  I could probably spend days on end reading by the pool...but you can imagine how often that happens with a two year old so this was a really nice relaxing treat for me.  Basically after that we ate and packed up for our trip back home the next day.  I would say overall our trip to Orlando in September was GREAT!  Sophia loved it for sure and still talks about it to this day and asks us to tell her stories about it.  I am very excited to bring her back (we won't have to wait long, we are going in May!!), she is just the perfect age for all things Disney.  :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment