Monday, February 28, 2011

Two Whole Years!!

Today Michael and I celebrated our two year wedding anniversary. I can't believe how fast time has gone by and it has already been two years. If you would've asked me ten years ago where I would be in February of 2011, I would've never guessed married for two years with an almost six month old baby girl. Even if you'd asked me the same thing five years ago my reaction would've been the same! Michael and I had really just met about five years ago and I surely didn't know the minute I met him that we would date, let alone be married and have a kid together. So much has happened in our two years of marriage. The first six months or so passed by blissfully in the honeymoon stage. A couple months short of our first anniversary we found out that we were expecting our baby girl. Our second year was filled with pregnancy and house renovation (the honeymoon stage was definitely over!)...but then we had the second best day of our lives together (the first being the wedding of course!)...when Sophia was born! And the rest of the second year has been very eventful, learning how to be parents and not just spouses. We shall see if our third year as husband and wife can be just as memorable...maybe just a little less eventful?! Haha. I actually really love how things have gone since the day we met, got engaged, and gotten married. I couldn't ask for a better husband and the last six months have shown me just how great of a man, husband and father that he is.

Today we celebrated our second anniversary in a much different way than we celebrated our first. Last year we got a nice room in Buckhead, had a wonderful dinner together and then the next morning had a romantic brunch at the Sundial restaurant in downtown Atlanta. We even had a little replica cake made so we could cut it and eat it like we did on our wedding day (long story....the original cake topper was left in a box in my room for the week we were on our honeymoon and not put in the freezer...thus was ruined). We decided this year that we weren't ready to leave Sophia overnight just yet so we had to come up with a plan that could involve her. Don't worry...we are already planning a week long cruise or trip for our third anniversary, haha. Micheal took off work so we could be together all day long and we had a great trip down to the GA Aquarium...one of my favorite places, a place we have visited together several times in our relationship, and Sophia's first visit there. It really turned out to be a wonderful day. After that, we really just relaxed at home and finished up the day looking at our wedding photos and watching our wedding video. It seemed a little strange, watching our two-years-ago selves. But even with the videographer/photographers flaws (surely you've heard about it by now...he left before we did), it still looks just like the perfect day I remember it as.

I know that Michael and I haven't been married that long in the scheme of things. It feels like we have been through a lot in our two years as husband and wife but I know we have so much more facing us as the years go by. I look forward to it. There will be new houses, more children, exciting changes. There might be loss as well, and while I do not look forward to that, I know that together we will be able to get through the hard times as well as the good. I married my best friend two years ago today. And I love him even more now than I did then, which I hardly thought was possible.

Happy 2nd Anniversary to my wonderful husband, Michael! I love you and look forward to many, many, many more happy years together! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment