Thursday, May 19, 2011

Park Play Date

Today Sophia and I had a great play date with my friend Jennifer and her niece Alexa. We met at Alexander Park in Snellville (Lawrenceville?? Not sure where one ends and the other begins...anyway, it's a new-ish park over near my parents' house). It had been several months since we had gotten the girls together....we couldn't even remember exactly when it was....but at that time neither girl was doing much more than sleeping in her stroller or eating (Alexa is almost exactly two months younger than Sophia). We were excited to see how they interacted together this time around.
First we took a nice walk around the park on the walking trails they have. Then we spread out my giant beach blanket and set up under a tree in the shade to get the girls our of their strollers and to feed them and let them play. And to chit chat and catch up on things ourselves and of course for a little photo op!
The girls were pretty quiet at first but I brought out some of Sophia's toys that I had in her bag and they were so cute together. Well, except for the embarrassing little temper tantrum my darling girl had. Sure, she hasn't been around many other babies at all up to this point. Mostly just cousin Cooper (who is not a baby anymore) and he sure doesn't care about her toys at all. Well, Alexa was playing with some toy and apparently Sophia wanted to take it from her....I said no, no and tried to hand her another toy....and all of the sudden my sweet girl arched her back and laid out on the blanket and clenched her fists and had a straight up tantrum. Great. She can't share...already. I thought that was something that happened a little later, maybe more as a toddler or something? In her (very slight) defense, no one else has ever really played with her toys and we have never taken any of them away from her for any reason....I guess she didn't understand. But apparently now Michael and I are going to have to snatch a toy from her now and then to try and teach her the meaning of sharing.
Anyway, that didn't last long and then they were both happy and having a good time...but Alexa decided she was going to go after something of Sophia's herself....Sophia's hair bow!! We had them sitting next to each other and they weren't doing much other than just occasionally poking each other (not in the eye, although there were some close ones, haha) and adorable Lexi just reached up and grabbed the bow right out of Sophia's hair (not that it is held in there by much)! Sophia's reaction was so funny....she kept looking at me like, mommy, she's taking my bow and you never let me take it out myself even though I try over and over! Which is so true...I have to put her hair bow in countless times after she remembers it is up there and yanks it right out....now I've got two babies to go up against in my quest to keep a bow in my daughter's hair!! It was such a cute moment between the two girls though and I'm glad we were able to catch it on camera.
The day was really fun and I am looking forward to making our park walks and picnics a regular thing with the girls. Here are some of the pictures I took while we were having our picnic.

Sweet girl!

Lexi and Sophia...best buds!

I'll take that hair bow, thank you!

Happy baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment