Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday comes too quickly...

Well, it is Monday again. I always feel like the weekend is soooo short....probably because I always have to work half days on Saturdays. It's not bad, only 3 hours, but each weekend feels like we have to cram in as much as possible because of the shortened time. This last weekend was nice, the weather is finally starting to look like Spring (not so much yesterday but Saturday was very pretty) and I am ready for it. We spent Saturday afternoon with my family and then spent most of yesterday cleaning out the closet, making room for spring/summer clothes and weeding out what I can't fit into anymore and adding in the maternity clothes. It wasn't an exciting weekend, but it is always nice to have some time away from the weekly grind.

Today is two weeks to the day until we find out if we are having a boy or girl. I really can't wait, it feels like time is just dragging and dragging. For the record, I kinda think we are going to end up finding out it is a boy. I don't really have a feeling or anything, I just think that because I am definitely leaning towards wanting a little girl more, it will be a boy. Not that I would mind a boy, I will take whatever gender of healthy little baby that God wants to give me....but really a girl would be SO much more fun to shop for. :-) And I also kind of picture myself as the kind of mom who would have a great time playing barbies and baby dolls and dress up with my child....not really the kind of thing you should do with your little boy, haha. Thankfully coloring and play-doh are unisex because those are top on my list of things I can't wait to do with my kids (and I will teach them early to stay in the lines and not mix the play-doh colors). I like cars and sports, so those are good "boy" things....but I also LOVE shopping and fashion and that doesn't seem like something I could bond with my little boy over.

It will be fine either way, I know it, and I know I will adapt to either....at this point the waiting to find out what it will be is killing me the most!! I don't know how people wait the whole pregnancy! I don't feel like I am ruining the surprise of it, because it will still be a surprise for me in two weeks and then I can plan the nursery accordingly and start shopping for cute gender specific clothes and toys.

So, while this Monday, non-exciting as it is so far, came way too quickly......I know that I am hoping that two Mondays from now, April 12th, will hurry up and get here already!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way before my ultrasound with John. I wanted a girl so badly that I just knew it would be a boy and I was right. Boys are REALLY sweet and it just gives you a reason to have a second. If you do have a girl though remember you will have LOTS of cute clothes being handed down from Mary Cate. It will be a good excuse for me to have to come down to GA.

    ReplyDelete