Wednesday, March 24, 2010

New to this whole blogging thing....

Ok, so here we go with my first ever blog. I like to read blogs. My sister started one not that long ago and I read that. Her sister-in-law has a blog that I read regularly. And then I read the blogs that I find randomly from friends on Facebook...and friends of friends....and the occasional blogs of people I don't even know. So at this point you know I like to read blogs. Great. And today, after (ok, during) a rather slow day of work I have decided to start my own. Surely I have plenty of things to say that others might be interested in...I am sort of drawing a blank right now....bloggers block?
Ok, wait a minute. Lots of fairly interesting things happening in my life. First and foremost, my husband and I are expecting our first child. I am 17 weeks today, due Sept 1 and we will know if it is a boy or girl in 19 (agonizingly long) days. Also we just renovated our condo....new wood floors, a brand new from top to bottom master bath, had the ugly popcorn on the ceiling removed, and had a big (again, ugly) mirror wall in our dining room taken down. It looks nice and I think we will be able to tolerate living there for a few more years. Sure, we have some other little things to do (new carpets in the bedrooms, some little details in the kitchen, new blinds for all the windows or at least some nice curtains) but for now it is a nice, updated change that we both like.
Hmm, that seems to be the extent of "interesting" things going on with me lately. We are going to the beach, but that isn't until May and surely it will come up in some future blog. Easter is in a week and a half....not even sure what the plan is yet so can't get too excited about that one.
Well, folks, it seems like I am going to have to dig a little deeper, maybe stir up some controversy (with who, myself? I don't even have followers yet!), assign some theme type days for topics....figure out how to add pictures to the actual blogs....something before my next post! All in all, I feel like I will really like blogging and am glad to join this century and create my own blog spot....hopefully for others to enjoy....or at least read so I am not totally wasting my time!! :-)

2 comments: