Wednesday, August 25, 2010

One week left....

Until my due date!!!

My bags are packed and the bassinet is ready for when we bring the baby home. :-)

I cannot believe how fast 39 weeks has gone by.

As I think back over the entire pregnancy, I realize that I just don't have too much to complain about at all:
I was a bit nauseous in the first trimester but no actual throwing up (in fact I only threw up a few times the whole pregnancy and once I know it was because I gagged on my prenatal vitamin, haha). Sure, I have been tired pretty much the entire time but still managed to work up until a few weeks ago and keep the house (somewhat) clean and organized....including dealing with a major household renovation and the packing and unpacking associated with it (much thanks to my husband for being a HUGE help with that). No stretch marks, no ginormous amount of weight gain (a bit over 20 lbs but less than 30 lbs, without giving away the exact number...weight gain is still weight gain!), I feel like my feet are swollen but my ankles still look like ankles, my belly button didn't pop out, some heartburn but not constantly, passed my glucose test (trust me, I was worried about that one)...and have generally been in good health the entire time, if not somewhat uncomfortable as the days go by.

I hope that a good pregnancy does not equal a a bad labor/delivery. I guess I will find that out soon enough.

We are very ready for baby Sophia to make her entrance to the world. Her room is ready, the house is ready, her parents and grandparents and aunt and uncles are ready. Maybe not her cousin Cooper, but I think he'll like her when he sees her! I can't wait to hold her and feed her and dress her up in all her cute little clothes. I am excited to be a mom and excited that Michael and I are going to be parents to a little girl that we already love. :-)
Hurry up, Sophia, we are waiting for you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment