Thursday, June 16, 2011

Quick Update

Originally I was thinking Sophia wouldn't have to go in for her sleep study until mid to late July, after our vacation. But when I called Children's to set up the date, they scheduled us for June 24th...which is next week. Ok.

We had to fill out a questionnaire about her sleeping habits (they are good...as long as skipping a breath every now and then doesn't qualify as a habit) and got a several page email about what will happen and what to bring to the sleep study. It did mention that they will hook up things to her head (twelve connection points....her head isn't that big!) and chest and also attach something under her nose to monitor her breathing....which I know is the point of the whole thing but Sophia doesn't even keep a bow in her hair for very long before she pulls it out....I am thinking she isn't going to like sleeping with all these attachments. Should be a fun (long) night.

I know I shouldn't be worried and that kids probably get these all the time......but....she is my little perfect baby and I know seeing her all hooked up to everything and having to sleep in a hospital bed is going to be tough.

There will definitely be a follow up post about this topic....until then I will be saying prayers that it goes smoothly (as smoothly as it can) and that we can figure out what is going on with my sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment