Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Not Another Thing!

As if there wasn't enough on the internet (and my iPhone) to keep me from sleeping at night, I have finally come around to a slight addiction to Pinterest (yes, I know that I might be the last person to discover it...well, close to the last, I turned my sister on to it tonight!). In case you do not know what Pinterest is....um....well, I don't exactly know what it is either. But I do know that it is a site that lots of other people "pin" their interests and they are all collected in groups and you can see all these cool, creative things and all these yummy, delicious looking foods and get good ideas for yourself. Yeah. Something like that.
Michael actually asked me several months ago if I had heard about it or had checked it out. I said no and he tried to explain what he understood of it (not much) and I was not at all interested, I thought it sounded kind of ridiculous. I just didn't really understand the point of it, I guess. Now I still don't really understand the logistics of it, but I do understand the point....to see other people's really cool and creative ideas all in one place....and to take them and use them as my own!!
I haven't actually joined or whatever it is you do. I basically have been browsing and if I find something I like, I just make a note of the website or blog that it originated from and visit that site later. It has brought me to some very cool sites, some that have gotten me really excited about trying new recipes and also trying some crafty things with Sophia (who is not yet at an age to do crafty things.....guess I'll have to just make sure to remember them for when she is). Normally when Sophia takes her naps I will tackle various chores or sometimes nap myself or catch up on the Housewives....today I spent the time on Pinterest, with a notebook at my side jotting down the cool things I found. I don't know if that makes me more or less lame than watching the Housewives while my daughter takes a nap....better just keep those opinions to yourself!
Anyway, while I encourage you to check out Pinterest, I encourage with caution. It is very addictive! I even have an app for it on my iPhone so the past few nights I have been laying in bed till very late hours just looking at various things when I am sure I should be sleeping. Hey, it's that or Bejeweled. Or reading blogs. Ok, I probably wasn't going to be sleeping anyway. :-)

***Watch the blog for an upcoming overhaul...new background, pictures, everything....it's just time for a little change, a little blog refresher.....coming soon!!***

No comments:

Post a Comment