Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Little Smarty Pants

Just wanted to post a quick blog to somewhat brag on the smartest baby in the world....Sophia Rose! Ha, ha. Well. I guess we are getting there. But I am amazed at all the things she is picking up on lately and how she can take commands and stuff like that. Real big girl stuff.
For example, today when I was making her lunch, she was hovering like usual and dragging some toy around the kitchen (directly under foot). I told her to go in her room and get a bib so we could have lunch. Her room is not at all far from the kitchen, as in, I can see into her room from it, so I wasn't worried about her going there alone, if she in fact would go. She did start to head that way, dragging her toy behind, slowly going in that direction. I kept repeating my instruction to get a bib and she kept going in the right direction to get one, slowly but surely. Normally when I am trying to put up laundry, she takes out all the bibs and towels and washcloths because they are easy access for her.....just in bins/baskets under her changing table. Not a big deal, just more for me to put away. Anyway, all of the sudden she is heading back to the kitchen....still has the toy but also has a bib!!! She got lots of big hugs and kisses and praises for listening to Mommy and being such a smart girl. She seemed pretty happy with herself.
Later we were playing on the floor (well, Sophia was doing more playing....Mommy was sitting on the floor with her paging through a Parenting magazine) and Sophia crawled over to the box of diapers we just had delivered. (Yes, we get diapers online. From Amazon. $30 for a box of 186 and free shipping, that's $12 cheaper than even Sam's club. We are awesome, I know.) On the box there is a teeny tiny Elmo in the bottom corner that she loves to look at and point to, so she had crawled over to check out Elmo and all the sudden she yells out "Elmo" or something that sounded really really close to that as she pointed to him. That got my attention for sure. I tried and tried to get her to say it again....but no go so far. She did smile so big when I said, "Sophia did you just say Elmo?" that I am pretty sure she did, in fact, say Elmo. Who knows what she'll say the next time I am reading a magazine? Probably something like, "Mommy, stop ignoring me and come play with me!"
This age is really fun. Even though most of the time I am not sure what she is saying, she babbles non-stop all day long. And while we were playing I found a new tooth that has broken through her gums....in the back on the top! I had no idea there was anything back there....I just thought she was kind of stalled with the two little middle teeth on the bottom in the front and the four top teeth in the front (and one just came in around her first birthday, it was an uneven three for the longest). She is really growing and changing and learning every day. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I always ordered Mary's diapers from Amazon! It was SO easy to have them delivered right to my doorstep and they would always be there the next day!!!!

    ReplyDelete