Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Sunday

Usually every Easter we go to brunch at the 1818 Club, the same place that we held our wedding reception.  We skipped one year, the year I was pregnant, I can't remember why, but went to brunch at Mimi's Cafe.  Anyway, brunch, then back to my parents house to relax and play games and stuff with the usual crew.  This year, we all decided to skip out on the pricey (wow, I didn't realize how pricey it actually was at the club....I know it's nice but I can't eat that much food in a week) brunch and went straight to my parents house...with tons of food there of course.  And the usual crew, minus my sister and her family this year.   
The weather was perfect.  All the food was perfect.  The day was just perfect.  It ended up being a relaxed day of hanging out, eating, chatting with everyone, some of the group played basketball, some took a walk, some watched the Masters, the little kids played and played and then had a fun Easter egg hunt (my brother did a great job hiding the eggs), topped off by the usual Trivial Pursuit game (of which I have no idea who won...I wandered off to follow Sophia around halfway through it).  The Easter egg hunt was hilarious.  Since it was outside, it was a tad different from the one we had the day before in our living room.  Sophia wasn't the biggest fan of traipsing through the tallish grass and kept making a beeline for the driveway (where there were no eggs, haha).  Also, we would all kind of corral around an egg and then try to lure her over to it....and finally she would come over and find it and pick it up.  And if she got any grass on her hands I would immediately have to wipe it off.  I guess my girl is a little Miss Priss!!  And she was in no rush at all to find eggs, despite the fact that it was somewhat of a contest (versus only her searching for eggs the previous day).  We spent most of the time just trying to keep her on the task of hunting the eggs!!  Maybe next year she'll be more interested in egg hunts.  But all in all it was a totally perfect Easter.  I got loads of great pictures of Sophia....she had a blast the whole day...I figured we'd just see how the day was going with her not taking a nap.  Well my Mom pushed her stroller on the walk while I stayed behind and when they came back she was out.  I mean, totally passed out.  And she stayed that way for a good couple of hours, through a noisy basketball game and even a bit after my brother and I hefted her heavy stroller into the house and wheeled it right into the living room.  She was one tired girl!  But boy does she love to party.  I'm glad, I love that atmosphere myself so she can be my little party animal sidekick.  :-)  Well, nothing else really to say about the day except how great it was...oh and to post the pictures, of course!!
 Sophia with her Uncle Dillon
 Sophia and Mommy
 Love this one of Sophia and her Daddy!
 Sophia helped Gampa move the car out of the garage...very Britney Spears of my Dad, haha!
 Sophia found an egg...yay!!
 High stepping towards the driveway, haha
 Happy to be out of the grass, haha
 She found a way to egg hunt from the driveway...very clever!
 She didn't mind the pine straw...but wasn't too sure about reaching into that bush for the egg!
Happy girl!  It was a very Happy Easter indeed!! :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment