Monday, August 1, 2011

Eleven Months, Really??!!

How can it be that my sweet little girl will be ONE YEAR OLD in just one month from today??? Wasn't I just pregnant?? Wasn't she just born? I am just so amazed at how time can fly by so fast. Actually, I never used to feel this way. I can remember days and months dragging on, seemingly always the same routine....work all day, maybe hit the gym, dinner, some TV, bedtime. And this went on for years. Even after Michael and I got married things weren't quite as slow and boring as that....but time didn't go quite so fast. The minute Sophia was born, time seemed to speed up and race by....and I can't seem to get it to slow down at all. On the one hand, it was an eternity ago....after all, not having a child (even just being pregnant) is a totally different life than having a child. But on the other hand, the busyness of all the day to day things of taking care of and raising a child makes it seem like time is just passing by in a blink.

Lately I have been looking back at pictures when Sophia was just born and was so tiny and comparing them to now....it's like it was a totally different baby! I love her sweet personality and how she smiles and laughs and plays and cuddles me and needs me...but I want things to stay the way that they are now, no more getting older! She'll stop wanting me around to cuddle and play with soon enough and then I will really be sad. Or she'll be a teenager before I know it and won't want anything to do with me. :-(

School starts tomorrow in our county (and for my brother, he has only one year to go....a senior, can you believe it?? Just another example of time flying by). I am very glad that I won't have to sniffle my way through the day yet since it will still be a few years (although could only be a couple depending on when and where we decide to start her out) before Sophia has to go off to school. Maybe the days will slow down a bit when she is off at school and I am home bored without her....but I highly doubt it. They will just race forward and pre-school will turn into elementary school, which will turn into middle school, which will turn into high school...then we'll be sending her off to college. :-(

I just want to freeze time. To let this one last month of her first year last forever....if I let the entire one year pass, then it will be two, then ten, then it will be her wedding day and then I'll be a grandma to her babies!! Well, maybe it won't go quite that fast, but it sure feels like it will.

I think it is somewhat amusing that when I was younger I couldn't wait until I was older....or couldn't wait until Christmas, or some vacation, or school to end, or college, or to get married and have kids. I never thought those days would arrive, and yet they did, and much more quickly than I thought they would. I guess now that I am older (and wiser, haha) I realize that I don't want to rush life, just want to slowly enjoy all these good parts. But life doesn't seem to want to cooperate and slow down. I just need to make sure I remember to live each day to the fullest (a tad cliche' I know) and take a lot of pictures (physical and mental) and make a lot of good memories so that I know I didn't waste the days that have flown by. And I probably shouldn't dwell on the fact that time passes so quickly, there definitely isn't anything I can do about it!

Happy 11 months, Sophia Rose! As much as I want you to stay my little baby girl forever, I am looking forward to your one year milestone (and the fun party!) and all the little milestones between now and then and thereafter. :-)

1 comment:

  1. We're looking forward to the party too! I feel like Cooper's four years have gone by at practically the same rate as the first one. I still have two more years, but I have started getting anxious and sad about when he goes to kindergarten :( Guess we should just enjoy this time while we've got it...even if it only seems like a split second!

    ReplyDelete