Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wonderful Wednesday

Today I was planning on writing a blog about what I love in my morning routine...Sophia wakes me up and I give her a bottle and then we cuddle and watch some cartoons (lately her favorites are Curious George and Barney and today we watched Super Why). It is really a great way to start my day, as she is very talkative and playful but also gets very cuddly as nap time approaches.

But now I have something even more exciting to blog about....with just two weeks to go until Sophia's first birthday....she took her VERY FIRST STEPS all by herself!! We happened to be getting her one year pictures taken at the time. She was holding on to my finger and all of the sudden she let go....which is something she has been doing but then she usually just drops down to her knees. Instead, she took 3 or 4 steps all on her own! I was like, did you see that?! Michael definitely saw it and was excited too. Amazingly, the photographer got it all on film.

After we got home, we loaded the disc from the photo session on our computer and decided to make a little collage to commemorate the happy milestone. I think it turned out pretty great! (We just used Picasa and did it all by ourselves!!) You can see how proud of herself she is in the last picture. :-)












We tried to get her to take some more steps before bedtime so I could take a video with my new iphone4....but she was too tired to repeat the new trick. You can bet we will be practicing a lot the rest of the week!

I can't believe my little girl is growing up so fast! First walking, next she'll be going on a date (that is what my Dad said anyways), haha!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Sophia!! Such a big girl. Can't wait to see her do it in person next weekend =)

    ReplyDelete