Monday, November 28, 2011

Epcot, Trip Day 1

Our first day of Disney adventures started out in Epcot with just the three of us, my sister and her family and my brother. Originally we wanted to start the day in MGM (I guess it is called Hollywood Studios now...I will forever call it MGM!!) and then park hop to Epcot for the second half of the day. My Dad convinced us that this would be too hard on the kids so we nixed MGM altogether and elected to make Epcot our only park of the day, with a break in the middle of the day for a nap back at the condo. It turned out to be a great idea.
We weren't sure how Sophia would do with the rides and shows but she actually did really well. When the ride got very dark or very loud, she would be a bit clingy and if she seemed a little scared she would whine a little bit but usually she would get over that very quickly and be laughing or clapping or pointing at something before the ride was over and appearing to really enjoy herself. After each ride we would ask her if she liked it and she would nod her little head yes, so there you have it, she must've enjoyed it! :-)
There were actually a lot of rides that she could ride. And when she couldn't, we were able to ride swap her so that Michael and I could both ride the ones that we liked. We didn't have to wait in any ridiculously long lines (with the help of some fast passes....a very good thing with two little ones) and the park didn't seem as crowded as it has been on past visits. After we rode a good number of rides, we headed back to the condo for a couple hours to take naps (yes, I took one too) and then returned to the park to ride some more and visit the countries. We didn't get to do as many of them as I would've liked, but we did have a very good dinner in China. After that, we rode the boat rides in Mexico and Norway and then watched the fireworks show. Sophia was not a fan of how loud they were at all. But she seemed to enjoy the music and clapped a lot when they were over. I think if they used only silent fireworks she would be a fan for life. :-)
I didn't take quite as many pictures during our first day as I thought I did. Here are some of the good ones. I don't think we took any video that first day at all. Over the whole week though I took about 400 pictures, so there will be plenty more to come!!












No comments:

Post a Comment