Monday, November 28, 2011

Islands of Adventure, Trip Day 2

On our second day, we got away from the Disney theme a little bit and headed over to the Islands of Adventure Universal park. We had to go really early so that the Harry Potter nerds (which consisted mostly of my sister) could ride some Potter ride that I wasn't at all interested in, but this park has Jurassic Park and Dr. Seuss, which I am interested in, so this was ok with me. While they waited about an hour and a half to ride said HP ride (super geeks, seriously. I know that all three of my readers will probably take this opportunity to write mean comments about how I am the dork for not liking Harry Potter....I just cannot get into it. Nor Twilight. Nor Lord of the Rings. If fantasy is the theme, you can't get me interested, sorry), me and my parents took the kids to the Jurassic Park play area. Coop and I had so much fun with some squirting dinosaurs and Sophia liked stepping on these big paw prints that made dinosaur noises in the bushes (which scared Coop so much he jumped up into my arms!!). Then Coop and I rode a fun ride that I was surprised he even wanted to ride and he loved it. By then the HP dweebs were done with their ride and we moved on. Other than Seuss world, there wasn't much else for Sophia to do. She didn't really like the merry go round, once it started to go round. Michael said she clung more to him with each time it went around. And the Seuss character she met, well, let's just say he didn't get a very warm reception. Haha. She liked the Cat in the Hat ride a lot. We watch that show sometimes on PBS, so she was familiar with the kids and the fish and the Cat and pointed to them a lot on the ride. I think she liked to watch the crowds and see the other kids and just all the general ruckus going on in the park. It started to rain a bit in the afternoon so once everyone had done what they wanted to do we left. Again, I didn't do the greatest with the picture taking, but got at least a few good shots. :-)












Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment