Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Giant Balloons aka Mommy & Daddy are Suckers

The last two times Sophia has grocery shopped with us (once with Daddy and once with Mommy) she has managed to somehow 'convince' us to let her bring home giant balloons associated with her favorite characters. We are both fairly easily convinced where Sophia is concerned, she's well behaved and super cute and the grocery store is the most boring of stores so if it makes her smile and makes her happy, then it makes us happy. And Publix seems to have balloons at every check out, so as soon as we go in the store, that is what I am sure she sees first.
I personally felt like a total idiot with one small bag of groceries and Soph and the biggest Belle balloon in the world in tow but she was SO excited about it and was practically yelling to everyone we walked by to check it out (further compounding my embarrassment). In my (slight) defense I had no idea the balloon was going to be as large as my child...there were no open examples, she just saw the package with Belle on it and by the time the lady was blowing it up it was too late.
Oh well. They do last for a long time, Sophia and Belle (and let's not forget Elmo) can be friends for a while I suppose. And Michael or I will just make sure to leave the little balloon loving princess at home for any grocery trips from here on out!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment