Sunday, August 26, 2012

Cookies and Cameras

For my birthday (which was the 19th), Michael got me a new camera!  He took me to Best Buy to show me the one he had his eye on...I tested it out and really liked it...so we ordered it online (because, shocker, Best Buy didn't have all the accessories it came with in the bundle in stock) and it only took a few days to arrive.  Here is what I got...
Mine is exactly this one...I picked red (my choices were black or red...I've always had black or silver in the past...and red is my favorite color....soooo) and am so excited to play with it and see all the cool things it can do.  As in, all the cool things it can do better than my old camera. 

The day the camera came, Sophia and I decided to make some Minnie Mouse cookies (they were the pre-made kind with Minnie ears right on the cookies...love how many cute patterns you can find on those ready-to-bake cookies...and they taste good!) so I thought that might be a good time to just try out the new camera and see how things went.  Also, Sophia was very excited to help me "make" the cookies.  I let her put them on the cookie sheet...and had to go back and rearrange a few that were practically on top of each other, haha.  But she did a great job and enjoyed getting to be a part of the process. 
Yes, she is on the floor with a cookie sheet in her lap.  But it was too heavy for her to hold while standing up and I didn't want the whole thing to spill on the floor.  She was pretty impatient the whole 10 minutes it took to cook them.  I had to remind her to NOT touch the oven a couple of times.  Meanwhile, she wanted to show off her new Minnie slippers (if you can't tell, we love some Minnie Mouse around here). 

And finally our cookies were done!  We got our milk and put a couple cookies on a plate ("are they hot? are they hot?"  Yup, they were.  So we had to do a little more waiting until they were cool).  They were delish, as expected!

And then I took a few more shots....to test the camera...and cause my girl is just so cute! ;-)




Well, so far I think the quality of the pictures is very crisp and quite a bit of an upgrade from my last camera...obviously I will have to play with the settings and features to really get the best out of my new camera but so far I am very happy and love my awesome birthday present!  :-)    




No comments:

Post a Comment