Saturday, March 19, 2011

Just My Luck

Today was one of those days that I have on occasion that things just seemed destined to not go my way.
I did get up at a decent time and went to the gym to take my class....it got my blood flowing and I was sure it was going to be a great day. Nothing like a good work out to start off a great weekend. I got my shower and fed the baby and then I figured I would finish off some of the chores that I didn't get done yesterday....like the laundry. I swear I do like 10 loads a week. Today I needed to get our white load done....which if you have ever seen my husbands' socks, you'd understand why I always use bleach in the white load. :-)
Anyway, as I was transferring over the load from the washer to the dryer, I must've leaned over too far and pressed up against then little tray that you pour the bleach in. So what, you might say. Well, not long after that Michael said to me, 'hey what is that on your shirt'? Hmm. A big bleach stain on my pretty much brand new Ralph Lauren t-shirt (which was, by the way, on sale at Marshall's so I wasn't out a lot of money....definitely not the point....I think I had worn it maybe twice)....and since it was a purple shirt, well, the bleach did it's job and took the color right out. And now I have a new shirt to sleep in. :-(
Not the only crap thing to happen in my day. After I decided I was done with chores for the day, I thought we might take a drive while the sun was still out and since it was such a nice day. So I go to get ready (which basically means brush my hair and teeth and powder my nose, haha) and as I am grabbing my compact to put on a little powder I drop the thing on the floor. Thankfully the mirror didn't break (my luck has been crappy enough, I don't need 7 years of it!) but the powder cracked into a million little pieces all over the bathroom floor and some plastic piece out of the compact broke off. It wasn't brand new but those things are not cheap (why can't my skin just not break out from the cheap drugstore powders??) and now every time I want to use a little powder it is going to be a mess (since you can bet I was picking up every usable piece from the floor). SO annoying.
I probably should've just gotten into bed and pulled the covers over my head. But I didn't. Two crappy things did not a bad day make after all. We ended up having a nice outing and also, even more exciting, booking a trip to Hilton Head for early May in an awesome condo right on the beach. I am very excited for that. It will be Sophia's first trip to the beach, not that she will know or care, haha. But I love the beach and want her to get used to it and love it just as much. We already ordered some cute mini beach towels for her, a big beach blanket for us, a baby float for Soph for the pool, and a little sun-shade tent thing to put her in so she isn't in the direct sun. It's going to be so much fun!
I guess the moral of the story is that crappy bad luck things can happen, maybe even a few crappy bad luck things and there is still good to be found in each and every day. But, just to be safe, I am not leaning over the washer anywhere near the bleach tray ever again, even if I have to make Michael transfer the white clothes to the dryer every time!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment