Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Year's Worth of Blogs

One year ago today I decided that I would start a blog (read my first blog here). I had a lot more time to blog then (well, during down time at work and when I wasn't super exhausted after work) but even with a new baby I have still managed to find some time to put my thoughts (or random ramblings...ooh, good blog name...where was that when I was trying to come up with a name last year?!) into blog form. Some months I have sure missed the blog boat (where was I this past October and November??) but other months I tried to keep up with life as I know it and did a fairly decent job (nine in December, my most blog-worthy month...must've been doing some catch up!). I am hoping that this year of blogging will be more entertaining and accomplished a lot more often. I really have liked blogging, and other than the occasional pain in the neck I encounter when I try to upload pictures, I find it to be a fun and useful outlet to talk about what is going on with me....if anyone really cares! And if they don't, that is no big deal. I really like to read the blogs of others, sometimes even if I don't know the person at all. I can stay up late into the night and read blogs...usually it will start with reading my sister's blog (The Watkins Wire, an awesome blog) and then I will read a blog that she follows......and then read a blog that that person follows...and on and on until I can barely keep my eyes open. I hope that someone might someday find my blog that way and find it interesting enough to follow. Although I must say that I don't think my life is interesting enough for thousands of followers, haha. Thank goodness for that!! I definitely don't need a reality show worthy life and am perfectly happy with the way things are. But I feel like I do try to be entertaining every now and then...and life surely hands me plenty of crazy things that can be considered blog worthy. For example, I watch WAY too much reality tv. Like, I really need to find a hobby. But these shows are so out there most of the time that I can't contain my reactions and comments...thus, I take to my blog to express my shock/outrage/general disbelief at the crap I waste my time watching. Who knows what I will be blogging about this year, reality show wise. You can pretty much be sure there will be a few blogs with that subject matter though. Maybe one sweet day I can post a blog about how I gave up reality tv for good...hahaha! I have tried some of the generic weekly posts (Random Thoughts Thursday, Friday Five) that I like to read on other blogs...but can't seem to keep up with on my own blog and only do sporadically. I guess what works for one persons blog might not catch on for another persons blog. I do like to try different things with my blog, even to keep myself entertained and excited about blogging. This next year of blogging I want to make sure go a bit deeper, maybe throw some anxieties, fears, worries out there. More than just a 'here's what I did today' blog. Definitely put the stamp of my life on my blog.
I think that if you have the time and you have something to say, anyone can blog. The best thing about blogging is that it can be whatever you want to make it. For me it is kinda like an online journal....things that matter to me, things that drive me crazy, make me upset, make me happy. Anyone can read it, but nobody has to, I'm just putting it out there. Thanks to those who have been following along and reading my blog. Welcome to any new readers. And if you aren't following me....well, that is ok too....but you don't know what you're missing!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment