Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Six Month Update

Sophia had her six month check-up today. I cannot believe my little baby girl is already six months old. The time has gone by so fast. And she has changed so much in that time!
Her stats: 17 pounds 3 oz, 25 3/4 inches long, head 17 inches
She can do so many things now....smiles often, can almost sit unassisted, can roll over from belly to back and from back to belly, spits a lot, says da da and ba ba, giggles a lot (which always leads to hiccups!), seems to know her name when we call it, plays peek-a-boo, eats cereal (rice and oatmeal) and fruit and loves veggies, likes to play with her toys (like stuffed animals and teethers, etc)....she sleeps well and although she doesn't have any teeth yet, it seems like there are a couple on the way on her bottom gums. She is a happy baby, doesn't cry too much, although she definitely does favor mommy and daddy right now and really needs to warm up to others before they can hold and play with her. But she will certainly give anyone a big smile from mommy's arms!
I can't believe how much she has changed our lives. Last year we were just anticipating her birth, didn't even know she was a she yet, and were both excited and apprehensive about how she would make our little family complete. The year before that we were just getting home from our honeymoon shortly before and were settling into married life. Having Sophia with me 24/7 makes me a much happier person....we chit chat with each other (although I hardly have a clue what she is saying!) and play on the floor and wait for daddy to come home from work so we can all play or eat or cuddle together. Even though I only leave her for an hour or so at a time for the gym, or a few hours at a time to go into work once a month, I still miss her so much when she isn't with me! I hope Michael and I are doing a good job as parents, and Sophia is such a good baby that I hope that some of that can be attributed to us. She can be very laid back and easy going, like her daddy. And she can have a temper, just like mommy! She is such a mix of us both, but has her own adorable little personality too. I love her SO much, seem to love her more each day, and can't imagine a minute without her.
It has been the best six months of my life so far. I wouldn't change anything and I am looking forward to how much she will change and grow in the next six months and the months and years beyond that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment