Tuesday, July 17, 2012

30

I wanted to post this yesterday, and actually started to write it last week but things got busy and I didn't get a chance to come back to it. As of yesterday, my husband is officially 30 years old!

I am SO lucky to have him. He takes such good care of Sophia and me and I couldn't ask for a better partner to go through life with.

When I first met him, I thought that he was so young...I mean, yeah, younger than me, but just so young. Although I did feel a lot younger myself then compared to now, haha.  Now I totally forget that I am older, he has shown me that he is definitely mature beyond his age. I am very glad that I ended up with the one person that is meant for me. I feel like for a long period of my life I wasn't sure if there was that one perfect person for me out there, the person that could be my best friend and other half. Michael and I really became best friends first and then I realized that he was the one for me. I am so glad that we found each other, am so glad that we are together. Now that I have him in my life, I couldn't imagine being in this life without him.

And I could type all day about how wonderful of a father he is to our little girl. Sophia loves her Daddy SO much. And he makes sure she knows just how much he loves her back. Not only that, he will participate in any of her care, from diaper changes, to meals, to bathing, to cleaning up her throw up (while I try to not gag). I love to watch him read to her, to cook fake meals in her kitchen together with her, to cuddle with her. He is so patient with her. I know when we have more children someday that he will be just as wonderful a father as he is with Sophia...and I look forward to that!

Of course, not everything is perfect all the time, every relationship has its moments.  We have to work through things just like every other couple does.  Sometimes we miscommunicate on issues...sometimes we have differing opinions on how to approach things.  But we respect each other and can work through those things to get back on track with our relationship.  And we feel stronger after getting through the relationship trials together.    

A funny story (well, it's funny NOW, it wasn't so funny yesterday), every morning I text Michael when Sophia and I get up and then he calls us whenever he gets a break in work (to see what we're doing and so he can let me know when he'll come home from lunch). Since we are both asleep when he leaves for work, it's always nice to talk to him to start our day. If he has meetings, usually he'll send me an email to let me know when he won't be able to chat, or he'll respond to my text that he's in a meeting and let's me know when he can call back.
Yesterday morning, I got a call early that we needed to meet at the new house to pick out some things. No big deal...except Michael had taken my SUV (the only car we have with a car seat) to our storage unit to drop some things off and also ran to Home Depot to pick something up before work, with the plan to just bring it back to me at lunchtime. Except now I would need it before that, to get me and Soph to the new house on time. So I called his cell, no answer, called his work line, nothing, then sent him a text to call me ASAP. Normally, at this point I would usually get a text back, even if he was to busy to call. But nothing. Ok. I sent a brief text of why I was calling and waited a bit (no response) then finally got in the shower. But in the shower, my mind started to work overtime. Michael doesn't like for me to go to the storage unit alone (or with Soph) because it isn't super safe...and yet I knew he had gone there super early, not to mention the area of our closest home depot isn't exactly super safe either. I started to wonder if he COULDN'T respond, maybe because something had happened to him. I decided that I would try not to freak out until a full hour had passed...I was sure I would hear from him by then.  So I continued to get ready (Soph was sleeping this whole time).  The possible scenarios were getting worse in my head but I wanted to think of a plan of what I would do.  I decided that I would call his work and have him paged.  If that didn't get him on the phone, then I would talk to his boss to see if he was even there at all...and then, if the answer was no, I would know that something was wrong.  When I was done getting ready (and Sophia was starting to stir at this point) I looked at my phone...it had been an hour and 15 minutes since I had first called/texted Michael.  I pulled up the number in my contacts to call his office...and my phone rang and it was finally Michael.  He was, in fact, in a meeting the whole time.  And had left his cell phone in his office, so he never saw my texts or half a dozen calls.  I wanted to be annoyed (I will never understand why, if you have a cell phone, you would just leave it somewhere random) but was so relieved that I couldn't even do much more than start to cry while I tried to yell at him for not having his phone on him....I had really thought something terrible had happened.  He calmed me down and apologized for scaring the crap out of me...and then I was finally able to tell him why I had been trying to get ahold of him.  Certainly not an emergency by any means, but with me not being able to get in touch with him at all, and knowing where he had planned to be that early morning, it felt much more urgent to connect with him.  Clearly we have our miscommunications at times.  :-)  I'm just glad it was a miscommunication and not something truly wrong. 

So Michael's 30th birthday might have gotten off to a shaky start, but after that we had a great day!  Made some final decisions on our new house.  Michael got the afternoon off work so we ate lunch with my sister and nephew at Mall of GA and then walked around the mall a bit.  Got home and straightened up for a potential renter to come over and view the condo (which seemed to go quite well).  Had a good dinner and got to spend family time together.  And after Sophia went to bed Michael and I got to relax together.  Perfect day! 

I love my husband and Sophia loves her Daddy SO much.  I can't wait to celebrate the next 30 years of his life with him....and even more!  Happy 30th Birthday, honey!! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment