Saturday, July 21, 2012

Odds and Ends

Just some random things going on in our busy lives right now....

Tonight I'm participating in a Zumbathon...it will be the first time I've ever done Zumba! I hope I don't make a fool of myself, but if I do I guess that's ok...it's for a great cause (Hope From Hallie). :-)

We move my little brother to college three weeks from yesterday! How is it possible that the summer is almost over and it's already time for him to start college??!!

Three weeks from today, we should be able to move into our new house. The date was pushed back a little bit, but that's ok...don't want to rush the generous people working on making the house perfect for us!! I can't even put into words how excited I am for us to get moved in and settled into our new home.

I've been looking into preschool/mothers morning out programs for Sophia. I don't know if I'm ready for her to start school, but she's more than ready!
Six weeks and six days from today my sweet little girl turns 2!!! Not that I am counting or anything, haha.  I really need to get on the party planning.

I'm trying a new diet...using the MyFitnessPal app on my phone, I'm counting calories and tracking my workouts. I hope by doing this I can shed about ten pounds or so. I even talked Michael into joining me on my weight loss 'adventure'!!

Along the same lines as thr previous statement, I have been playing Wii Sports a ton...my brother and husband just flick their wrists and barely move to play tennis or baseball or bowling...I, on the other hand, can't play a game without moving all over the room and putting my whole body into it.  I assume I'm burning a lot more calories than they are at this activity.  ;-) 

I am over all the rain and thunderstorms we've been having.  Each day that Sophia and I plan to swim in the pool, it is either way too overcast or raining.  Boo.  My tan is definitely suffering this summer!  I guess the plants enjoy it though.  Me, not so much. 

My sister is moving into her new house in just a couple weeks, maybe even a tad sooner!  I'm excited to be able to go and visit her and have our own guest room to stay in (instead of monopolizing Coop's room!) and for the kids to play in her awesome backyard.  Plus, it's so cool that we are both moving into new homes in the same month!  What are the odds?! 

My parents will finally be back from their trip overseas tomorrow.  They've been gone almost two weeks, visiting Amsterdam, Poland and Paris (it's a work trip for my Dad and my Mom went with him).  We haven't gotten to talk to them too much, so I am looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing about their travels.  Sophia is definitely looking forward to Grammy and Grampa getting back....she asks where they are every morning. 

It is time for us to really start packing up our condo.  I am not really looking forward to this at all.  Packing just isn't fun.  But I try to keep looking at the reason we are packing up....to move to a new house....and that motivates me a little bit more. 

I've got to find time to blog more.  I am not quite on track for my goal that I made at the beginning of the year to blog at least 100 times in 2012.  I started off well...but the last few months have been really busy and I've slacked off some.  Prepare for some (hopefully not too) boring (and possibly short) blogs, so I can get back on track.  :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment