Saturday, February 25, 2012

Celebrating 3 Years

Today Michael and I are dropping Sophia off at my parents' house to spend the night...not something we do too often but we are having a date night to celebrate our three year anniversary! 
Our actual anniversary is on the 28th, in the middle of the week, so we decided that we would do something this weekend.  Last year we celebrated two years as a family...Michael took off of work and the three of us went to the GA Aquarium.  It was a nice, low-key day and we had a fun time together.  The year before that, for our one year anniversary, we stayed at a hotel in Buckhead, went to dinner at the Melting Pot downtown, then got up the next morning and went to brunch at the Sundial restaurant at the Westin Peachtree hotel.  It was nice and romantic...of course Sophia was just a bun in the oven at that time, haha.  We figured this was a year to get back to the romantic celebration, or at least something with just the two of us, so we were thinking more along the lines of something like our first year celebration.  We sort of got busy with planning our Maggie Valley trip and put off making anniversary plans until the beginning of the week....yes, the beginning of this week!  But it actually worked to our advantage!
Let me back track a little.  We actually knew we wanted to have dinner at one of the Buckhead Life restaurants....Michael has had a gift certificate for quite some time now (a substantial one at that) we have wanted to use and we really wanted to use it for something special and most of those restaurants aren't really kid appropriate anyway, so we thought using it for our anniversary would be perfect.  Well, wouldn't you know it, this Saturday is the start of Buckhead Restaurant Week....basically a number of pricey restaurants put together a menu for a week at a bargain price to entice customers in.  I am not arguing with the concept of restaurant week at all...it is super cool and in fact, Atlanta Restaurant week is something Michael and I have gone to a number of years in the past.  We even had our first date at one....and then got engaged after eating at the same restaurant about a year later.  Anyway.  The problem is the restaurants fill up very quickly and we were having trouble getting a reservation for our anniversary dinner because of Buckhead Restaurant week.  Except.  One of the restaurants in the Buckhead Life group isn't actually in Buckhead.  It's in Midtown and it's an awesome Italian restaurant called Veni Vidi Vici and I am so excited that we were able to get a reservation and are going there tonight!!  I know my parents have been a ton and neither of us have ever been so it will be a treat.  Once we figured that out, we wanted to find a hotel semi-close.  And boy, did we find one. 
We found a super awesome deal at the Four Seasons Hotel in Midtown!!  I am definitely excited about this.  I'm not sure if it was so cheap because we are such last minute or what, but whatever the reason, it was well lower than the (ridiculous, might I just say) regular nightly price that we would never pay for just one evening away, even though it is a special occasion.  I am not really a person who likes to wait until the last minute to make plans...but in this case it seems like things fell into place nicely and the best possible outcome of hotel and restaurant landed in our lap!  We are going to to have such a romantic anniversary celebration this year.  I know three years might not be one of those milestones that should be some huge celebration.  But I think that we get so few chances to just spend time with each other now that Sophia is here (not that I would have it any other way...just that I want to take advantage of any chance I might get to spend time with my husband alone), if we can find a way to afford an awesome anniversary celebration (the dinner is basically free...we are paying with a gift card....we are paying for the hotel....but we were able to get a room at a deep discount) then I am up for doing something great every single year of our marriage.
I'll probably be doing a special post on our actual anniversary, but I couldn't resist blogging today to say how excited I am about our plans for tonight.  I love my husband.  I am still in love with my husband.  We will miss our sweet little girl while we are away from her but will be glad that Gamma and Gampa and Uncle Dill will have fun playing with her and taking care of her while we enjoy time alone together eating yummy Italian food and relaxing at the Four Sesaons celebrating three wonderful years of marriage!

No comments:

Post a Comment