Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

We had a very nice Valentine's Day in the Santoro house.  We had discussed before hand that we would stay pretty low key this year, wouldn't spend too much (our budget for each other was around $10 and we would not go much over on Sophia since she really doesn't understand the day anyway and has plenty already), no plans to eat out or anything like that, would just be together and enjoy each others company.  I had decided that I would cook a special meal while Michael was at work and also make something for us to have for dessert as well.  Thankfully, Sophia took a great nap so I could get everything done (although she really naps pretty great everyday so I was counting on the time to prepare).  When Michael got home we had an early dinner and then opened up some presents...mostly candy for each of us and both of us had picked a movie the other liked (without the other knowing we chose the very same gift!).....and we had a few cute things for Sophia...some bath toys, a Sesame St movie, a Minnie Mouse book and a small Belle doll., which she loved. Sounds like a lot, but most of the stuff was on clearance. Then we tried to take a few family pictures (Sophia didn't seem in the mood for that for some reason, oh well!) and after that had a yummy dessert and just relaxed and hung out together until bedtime.  It seems like we don't get to do that often enough (always something to do or rushing on to something else) and I hope we can take more time to just enjoy each other because I love my two valentines so very much.  I am lucky to have both my wonderful husband and my precious daughter to share Valentine's Day with me each year.  Hope everyone else had as wonderful a Valentine's Day as I did! 





1 comment:

  1. Wow, your hair looks really long in that one pic with you and Soph. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete