Friday, December 17, 2010

The Friday Five

Wow, Friday came around quick. I don't think I really have 5 random things to say that occurred during the week (since there isn't much random about trying to get a 3 month old into a routine....feed, change, nap, repeat) so this will be a themed Friday Five....things I am thankful for this time of year.
1. The obvious...I am so thankful to have my little baby girl Sophia. I can barely remember not having her, but I know that things weren't quite complete until she arrived.
2. I am thankful that I don't have to work full time and can go in to my job every once in a while, even sometimes bringing the baby with me. I can't imagine leaving Sophia every single day for the entire day...I would miss her like crazy and never get a thing done. I love my time with her.
3. I am thankful that my husband works so hard to take care of us. Plus he helps with cleaning the bottles and changing the diapers and he will cook for us and lots of other things. I definitely ended up with a great husband and I love him.
4. I am thankful for my family and friends. I have no idea what I would do without them. Or how I would get through a week not talking to any of them. I get a little sad that I don't get to see some of my friends (or even some of my family) as much as I would like to, but thank God for all the different ways of communication these days that keeps me in touch....I literally would go crazy if I were alone.
5. I am thankful for all the things I have. Some people literally have nothing. I might think I live in a small condo or might think I need a new pair of shoes but I don't really need a thing...I have plenty of clothes and food and things...more than enough. Plus, looking at the previous 4 things I am thankful for, the most important things to me aren't really things at all. I am very lucky. I know there are so many out there that aren't even half as lucky as me and that is a sad thing. I donate my old clothes/shoes/books/etc to the Goodwill a couple times every year when I am cleaning a closet or trying to make room for something else (more things) but I am going to try to make time (ambitious of me, I know) to get a big bag of donations ready before Christmas (or at least before the new year) since this is a good time of year for giving and that will put me in the Christmas spirit even more than presents or trees or baking cookies. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment