Monday, December 6, 2010

There are No Words for Some People...

I had a great weekend and will update all that in a minute, but first the main point of today's blog....
Today Sophia and I ventured out to the mall so I could get some shoes for the party dress I already bought for this coming weekend (Michael's work party). Sophia wasn't really feeling the shopping but with the party so soon I needed to get out and get the chore done and she had no choice but to come with me. I ended up finding TWO cute pairs in Macy's at a really good discount and stood in a short line to check out. As I was finishing up with paying, a sales associate noticed my stroller and came around so she could "take a closer look at the baby". Well, ok, whatever. She takes a good look and laughs and says loudly "Oh, she's so FAT, what are you feeding her?"
What. The. HELL??!!!
Was that supposed to be a compliment? Cause you sure missed the mark, lady. I would take it personally if someone flat out called me fat (and I at least really could stand to lose some weight) and I took it quite personally with someone calling my baby fat. Especially since she is really not fat at all...she does have some cute chubby cheeks, I'll give her that, but we've only been in size 1 diapers for several weeks now and she is between 0-3 month and 3-6 month clothing...and she is 3 months so that seems pretty average. The doctor has said she is right at 50th percentile on the charts for weight. To me that does not say fat.
As a mental explosion went off in my brain, I tried to just chuckle a bit as I answered the lady, "well, since she's only 3 months we still only feed her formula". And I walked off as she said something else, who knows what, probably that the fat apple didn't fall far from the fat tree or something equally rude. She's lucky I didn't tell her what I thought of her! Needless to say, our shopping trip ended shortly after that. At least I got what I went for.

On to more positive topics. This past weekend was really busy, but really fun. Friday night I met my mom and sister at the movies to see Burlesque while Michael watched Sophia. The movie was great and Daddy and baby had a good time together....till she screamed for about an hour at the end, haha. She must've missed her mommy!! Saturday morning we took Sophia and my sister brought my nephew Cooper up to Michael's work to see Santa....Sophia didn't mind the old guy but Coop wasn't having it and my sister had to sit on Santa's lap too to get the picture! We had a great afternoon watching the Auburn game (War Eagle!) and then Sunday I did a little shopping with my mom and sister and we ended the evening with the whole family at a nice Italian restaurant. All in all it was a wonderful weekend and all the fun Christmas festivities seem to be in full swing. I am glad that I am getting in to the Christmas spirit, I think having Sophia in the family has really made it so the holidays are fun and exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment