Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Issue With the Snow Suit

Wow, another blog that doesn't have anything to do with an MRI, yay!  I am sure I will get back to that, but that subject sucks so much, so I have been trying to throw in a few blogs about more upbeat subjects...or at least any other subject but that for the moment. 
A few weeks ago we went to the outlets in Dawsonville and I found the find of the century....a snow suit for Sophia in the Ralph Lauren outlet store...for only $20!!!  It was on sale from something ridiculous like $145...I can't imagine who would pay that (although I've seen those snow suits every year in practically every store since I got pregnant and have wanted one for Soph...even though we don't live in a really snowy area....but there was that snow storm last year....anyway).  Last year Michael ended up letting me get her a cheap one from Baby Gap...not the same.  But it worked in the snow when we needed it.  So I was pretty pumped to find the Ralph one on such a good deal.  Yay for my stylish baby! (And yes, I realize I am a junky for Ralph Lauren baby clothes....he is just a freakin genius and I like almost all the clothes he makes for babies.  But he is pretty pricey.  I never ever pay full price, you can always find a sale on Ralph, plus there is always the outlet.  Maybe he could kick a little something my way for this promo blog....just sayin....)
Here is a picture of it....

Except the one we got is winter white and the belt buckle is square instead of round.  It's so cute, I love it!  (Sorry the pic is so big...I found it on ebay and just copied it, being kinda lazy, instead of just taking a picture of the one we bought...in my defense, Sophia is in her room sleeping, where the actual garment is hanging.)
Well, dumb mommy didn't think of one thing....what shoes will she wear with it??  Last year she couldn't walk and the feet were covered over so it wasn't an issue.  And we are actually going in a few weeks up to North Carolina so Michael and my brother can snowboard and Sophia and I can play in the snow, so she will actually get use out of her new snow suit....but she has to have something on her feet!!  The shoes she has already won't do, either won't keep her feet warm enough or will just get ruined, she'll need something that will work better for the snow.  So today I decided to google baby snow boots, or something like that.  Plenty of hits.  If I want to pay two, three, or even four times the cost of what we paid for the snow suit!!  Really??!!  I don't expect much use out of the snow suit, but at least we didn't pay that much for it....I surely don't expect to get much use out of snow boots.  Is that a fashion she can just wear with normal clothes??  I doubt it.  I think Michael would kill me if I bought the ones that I saw that would go perfectly....with a price tag of $50.  Ugh.  I would even have to kill me.  Nope, sorry, can't pull that trigger.  I don't even spend that on shoes for me (anymore). 
So I guess I will keep looking...I definitely don't want her little feet to freeze, right?! Not sure if this "problem" makes me wish we lived in a place that had more or less snow...I guess if we got more snow year round and she would get good use out the boots then I could see spending a decent amount...but if it never snowed at all then we wouldn't have spent the money on the snow suit (which is darn cute, you gotta say) in the first place and I wouldn't even be looking for snow boots.  Or if we were the kind of family that wintered in Aspen or something I might be anyway, you know, for our awesome ski vacation.  Ah, well.  But we are not.  Sigh.  Maybe someday.   
For now, back to searching high and low for something to keep Sophia's feet warm and dry, something that will not break the bank!  Next winter, if it snows, we'll just enjoy it from indoors.  Mommy is definitely over her "the baby needs a snow suit" phase!! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment