Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Yum!

Ok, this isn't really catching up on much but thought I would post on it anyway. Last week Sophia was napping and I was kind of bored...I was supposed to be tackling the mountain of laundry but that didn't sound fun...and we happened to have some overripe bananas in our kitchen. I enjoy baking so much more than cooking, just ask anyone. Namely, my husband. He will surely blame any weight gain since our marriage on the fact that I will bake cookies or a cake or brownies or some type of bread product...and then not touch more than a bite of it, leaving him to eat most of it. I guess it is more the satisfaction of making the baked goods than eating them. You'd think I would be much skinnier. Except the few things that I do like to cook, dinner wise....pasta, pasta, and more pasta. Just kidding. Sort of. I like making homemade pasta sauce and pancakes and chili....surely there are other things, but to be honest I could live off pasta and forget the rest. My husband has to have meat. Often. I try to touch raw meat as little as possible...thankfully my husband also likes to cook and so we do not live on pasta alone.
Back to the actual topic of my blog post (no, it is not the fact that I am not Betty Crocker). Anyway. Bananas. I really like banana bread and a lot of the time I will just use an easy mix to make it (it does say there are bananas in the mix...not that I have ever come across one) but we didn't have one of those. So I googled banana bread recipes and the first one that came up seemed to be perfect. As in, we had all the ingredients, it didn't seem messy, and the words 'no mixer' were included. This worked out, cause like I said, Sophia was napping and her bedroom is pretty close to the kitchen. It was so simple (if it is easy and doesn't have a million ingredients, I will try it). And it was from scratch! Mash up bananas. Add some other stuff. Bake for an hour. It came out moist and tasted great (I actually have had several pieces of it, Michael has not had to eat the entire loaf) and made the house smell all nice and banana-y. So move over Betty Crocker. Sure, we can't eat banana bread for dinner but who knows what kind of cooking adventures I will get into this year!! Should I try a new dish every week and then blog about it? Well, that is probably getting waaayy ahead of myself. But the banana bread was good, that is for sure!!
PS- If you want the awesome banana bread recipe it was at www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/banana_bread :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment