Friday, September 7, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday, Sophia Rose!

I know I haven't been keeping up with the blog that great lately but I couldn't let today go by without posting about a big milestone in the life of my sweet girl....today she turns 2!!

Sweet Sophia Rose,
Wow.  I cannot believe you are two years old today.  If I thought that the first year of your life went by fast, the second year flew by.  I am not sure if it is because of how much you have changed in this last year or if I just want to keep you my tiny little baby forever...but here we are and you are all of the sudden my big girl.  And you will tell me that, too, just in case I forget! 
Everything about you makes me smile.  Even when you are misbehaving, it is sometimes funny to me to see how worked up you can get.  You are just too cute for your own good.  But you are such a sweet girl.  You give the best hugs and I love love love when you wrap your arms around my neck and squeeze so tight.  You give hugs pretty freely and follow them up with some pretty sweet kisses too.  If someone tells you that they love you, you say it right back.  And lately you have been saying that you love me without any prompting...and that is my favorite thing.  Every night you have to say "goodnight, sleep tight, see you in the morning light" and then "I love you" and "goodnight" before Mommy can close the door.  I love our nighttime routine. 
My goodness, do you talk a lot.  You don't just say a few words and sentences, you talk non-stop all day long.  You ask questions about so many things, and you definitely let me know your opinions on pretty much everything.  You constantly need to know what I am doing, what I'm eating, who I'm talking to.  And you want me to tell you the name of every person we come into contact with ("who's that, Mommy?" quite loudly)...even if I don't have a clue who it is.  More than one stranger I have come into contact with has commented on how vocal and articulate you are.  Which goes to show that you really aren't a very shy girl at all and will be your sweet, friendly self to pretty much anyone.  Sometimes you pretend that you are shy though...and Mommy doesn't mind 'cause you hold on to me extra tight at those times.  :-) 
You are adjusting so well to our new house.  You love to talk about your pink room and your playroom....and when we leave you always ask if we'll go back to the new house.  You can recognize the front of the neighborhood when we pull in already and love to point out the pool every time we pass it.  You also can recognize when we are driving to Grammy and Grampy's house....at first you knew as soon as we got into the neighborhood....now you know farther down the road before we even get to the neighborhood.  Looks like you will get Mommy's good sense of direction! ;-)
You love to read and play with your kitchen in your playroom.  And your new thing is baby dolls....you really love to be a little mommy and you take very good care of your babies (most of the time!).  You like to have a book read to you over and over....to the point that you have probably 4 or 5 of them memorized and will "read" along with Mommy.  And you are really getting good at your colors and shapes and can recognize quite a few letters....you love to be such a little smarty pants.  My favorite trick is when you spell your name....you've been doing it for about 6 months or so and everyone is usually very impressed when you do it....and I think you know it.  :-)  You are such a little sponge with learning...I am glad that we are putting you in pre-school, as you are very ready to go (even if Mommy and Daddy aren't quite ready yet!).  You seem to be able to memorize and recite back songs and nursery rhymes that you hear after only hearing them a few times....the most recent example is Baa, Baa Blacksheep.  You found it on Daddy's phone on YouTube and watched it several times...and then you sang the entire thing to Mommy!  And I know that wasn't something I taught you, you picked it up all on your own.  If you aren't talking, then you are singing.  You have started making up your own songs (for example, singing "Mommy" to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle) and you just love to be silly.  You know many kids' songs and nursery rhymes...but you've also started to love some songs that you hear on the radio too...like Call Me Maybe and any Justin Beiber (um, are you turning 2 or 13?!) and some One Direction and Pitbull and Flo Rida (ok, clearly these ones are Mommy's influence...but I just want you to be well rounded!!).  You have to have the radio on in the car and will yell at us if we don't turn it right on.  And you'll also tell us to change the song if it is not something you want to hear.  You might be a little bit bossy (haha).  With everything that you have learned in this last year, I can't wait to see what you will learn in the coming year. 
I love that you still will cuddle with us.  I love that your hair has gotten soooo long and curly...I just love those little curly-cues so much.  I love everything about you.  We definitely will have our frustrating moments, but I honestly love and am thankful for every single second that you have been in my life.  I know that your Daddy feels the same way.  We were infinitely blessed when you came into our lives, precious Sophia, and are so happy to be your parents. 
I don't know if you will remember this second birthday of yours....but what you should always remember is that Mommy and Daddy will love you forever and ever and ever. 
Happy 2nd birthday, my sweet girl!
Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment