Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sophia's Birthday Party at our House

Final post relating to Sophia's second birthday....I promise!!
Shortly after we moved into our new house, I thought that it would be fun if we had a little party for Sophia's 2nd birthday and invited some of her friends and ours over to celebrate with us and see the new place.  I knew we'd be having the big party in conjunction with Cooper's birthday party at my parents' house....so I figured whatever we would do would be fairly low key.  And it was.....except for maybe the decorations.  I possibly went a tad overboard in that area.  Allow me to explain.  I had spent the bulk of the week leading up to Sophia's birthday planning for my new classroom job and getting my room ready and even had to bring Sophia up to the school on her actual birthday.  So I felt totally bad about how little attention I was able to pay to the planning and executing of her party.  Which led to a trip to Party City that may have included me throwing practically every princess related item that they sell into my cart.  Oh, and ordering approximately ten mylar balloons (2 large, 8 regular sized) to be blown up.  Let's not forget the cupcake princess cake from Publix.  Mmm hmm....just a touch overboard. 
And she LOVED it.  Streamers decorated her room, her playroom, various doorways around the house, the mantel, and most importantly the dining room (where the largest concentration of decorations were displayed).  I admit, I did have a good time with the decorations.  Did I have as much fun taking them down?  Not sure, I'll let you know when I finally get around to actually taking them down.  :-) 








 



 

I think the birthday party (and first party at our new house...with many to come I am sure!) was a success!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment