Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sophia's Birthday Day

Yeah, so I know that I am posting a lot of separate posts just for Sophia's birthday.  Mostly because I have a lot of pictures for each different day and didn't feel like combining into one long drawn out post.  So you'll get a couple more birthday posts. 
On Sophia's actual birthday (Friday, September 7th) I had to spend a couple hours at the preschool getting my room ready.  I wasn't super excited about having to go in, but it was a necessity and I knew she really wouldn't mind.  Plus, my Mom was going to be there to watch her up in the church nursery....which Sophia loves...and for some inexplicable reason she calls it the 'purple playroom'.  Just so you know, the room is not purple.  Nor are there a ton of purple items in the room.  No clue where that came from. 
Anyway, when we woke up, she was very excited to see that I had hung up some streamers in her doorway. 
 
  
 After we got dressed, I made her a treat of chocolate chip muffins for breakfast (which I called cupcakes...and she was super excited to get to eat cupcakes for breakfast, haha).  She didn't want to look at me for this picture...oh, well. 
We didn't have the most exciting day, for a birthday day.  I had to work, after all.  But we made some cookies together before nap time, and lately Sophia has really loved helping me make cookies (even if they are just the break and bake, easy cheater kind).  When Michael got home from work, we had a dinner of Sophia's choice (mac and cheese and a veggie) and then let her open the presents that we got her. 




Sophia definitely enjoyed her birthday day.  And that was all that mattered.  We might spoil her just a tad, haha.  We sure have one sweet, happy girl though.  And now she is two!!  Still can't believe it. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment