Sunday, February 24, 2013

Family Photo Shoot Dec 2012

December and was a busy month.  And I felt like it flew by.  Just so many things happened in that one month...a ton of Christmas related things, I found out I was pregnant, school was busy, Michael's work Christmas party (last one ever!)...just lots and lots of things. So there will be several blogs to catch up the Christmas events. 
A week or so into December, I realized that if I wanted to send a Christmas card out (yes) then I would have to have our family picture taken.  Last year I used pictures from our Disney trip, so even though I had so many good ones from our most recent trip, including some family shots, I didn't want to do that a second year in a row.  I called my best friend Tracey, who happens to take awesome pictures as a hobby (but really she could charge people....she really does an excellent job), and she was willing to come over to our house and take some shots, hopefully getting a good enough picture for our Christmas card.  Boy, did she get some good shots.  Not only did she get better shots of Michael and I than our wedding photographer did for our engagement shoot (that is an entirely different post...but I can't risk the high blood pressure it would take for me to write it...ugh), she got so many great shots of my little cutie and plenty of family shots that would be perfect for our Christmas card.  I had the hardest time choosing just a few for the card.  Thankfully, once I did make up my mind, Shutterfly printed and sent them to us at lightening speed, allowing me to actually get the cards out before Christmas arrived.  So, I will warn you, this post is going to have A LOT of pictures.  I guess some people like that and some people don't.  But if I had a hard time narrowing down for my Christmas card, I had an even more difficult time deciding which ones to include in this post....even though I am including a lot, there was still a LOT more that I didn't include, but were just as good.  Not every picture turned out perfect, of course, but I am not sure I have ever participated in a photo shoot before in my life that SO MANY of the pictures were really good.  I know that I am not particularly photogenic but Tracey did so good making me look good...and she got Sophia (who is pretty darn adorable in most pictures, if I do say so) to laugh and smile and totally showed off how much personality my little girl has.  And I feel like my husband always looks good in pictures too...his blue eyes and his smile are things I notice (and love) in every single picture he is in.  Anyway, I can't say enough how happy I was with how this little shoot turned out....I can't wait for even more photo shoots with my friend behind the camera....and there will be SO many good reasons for photo shoots this year! ;-)  With that said...here are the pics, in no particular order. 




 This picture WILL be blown up and hung somewhere in our house...I love love love this pic of the two of us.  Doesn't it just scream engagement picture?!  I know I can't pass it off as that (although it's much better than any of our actual engagement pics) but I really love it and want to display it. 




 This one and the following two are pretty much the same...except for Sophia...her expressions are so stinkin cute I had to put all three.  :-)


 The shots on the stairs were probably the least successful...still kinda cute though!






 She really liked throwing around the leaves and running through them...I admit, I kept thinking about all the bugs that were probably in all those leaves, haha.  But the shots turned out cute and no one got bit by anything.  :-)




















I love that we were able to just use our back yard and areas around our house to take these shots.  We were pretty much set up with our Christmas decor (post to come) so that made for even more good background material.  I also love that the shots that don't have the Christmas decor in the background can be used all around our house year round.  And I am excited to enlarge some for frames and put a few onto canvases and display them on the walls. 
Loved loved loved this little family photo shoot and cannot thank my friend enough for being so sweet to do it for us.  Can't wait for our next one!! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment