Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Pumpkin Patch 2012

I thought I was going to be able to just post all of Halloween in one post, since it is really the only other significant thing that we had going on in October.  Turns out, we really did Halloween up last year.  Sophia wore her costume to Mickey's Halloween Party, to a trunk or treat at my friend Tracey's church, to my Dad's office Halloween trick or treat that they do every year, to school and for actual trick or treating on Halloween night.  If Michael thinks we didn't get our money's worth out of Soph's Disney store Minnie Mouse costume, he is crazy. 
I have the most pictures of when we went to Burt's Pumpkin patch mid-October so I figured I would just separate that one out as its own post and put all the other Halloween events together in another post. 
Burt's is kind of a tradition in our family.  My parents started it a long time ago, when Dillon was little, and after Michael and I got together we kind of took it over.  And have gone every year we have been together, except the year Sophia was born (she was a little over a month old, just too little).  I always see lots of posts on Facebook of people going there.  But I think this was our last year.  It is such a long drive (even longer for us now that we have moved) up to North GA for one thing.  It always ends up being too warm, even if it is mid-October in North GA.  And every year, it gets more and more crowded.  The parking is just ridiculous...we had to walk a good way in, which wasn't terrible....but walking back to the car, pushing a wheel barrow full of pumpkins up a hill in the heat is awful (for Michael, the wheel barrow pusher...but walking up the hill with a slow 2 year old is unfun too).  Also, the pumpkins are super pricey.  Some seem ok priced, but the really cool big ones are ridiculously expensive.  We ended up picking some from there (not a giant one) and also getting a couple from Publix because they looked just as good and were way less expensive.  It is kinda fun walking amongst the hundreds of pumpkins and stopping for photo ops with the kid....it would be more fun if you weren't sweating, I guess.  And if the bees weren't swarming everywhere.  This time, Soph actually had a bee on her hand, tried to brush it away, and it stung her little finger.  :-(  Poor thing.  She didn't cry, just kept saying her finger hurt and the bee bit her.  It got pretty red and hurt her a lot, so we had to stop on the way back at a drug store to get her some tylenol to help with the pain.  She still talks about that bee that bit her, haha.  This year (2013) I can't see us trekking all the way up there with a new baby and a 3 year old just to pick out pumpkins.  I do like these pictures though, some turned out pretty cute (even if it was annoying to me that there always seemed to be a crowd of people in the background, messing up my shot, haha) and I like having the documentation of our last trip to Burt's.  Who knows, maybe some Halloween in the future we will miss it and go back...but I'm not so sure about that.  I'll just keep the good times we went in my memory....and keep in mind the reasons we stopped going! :-)  Here are our pictures from our last trip to Burt's Pumpkin Patch....
















No comments:

Post a Comment