Saturday, February 9, 2013

Animal Kingdom...in September!

Ok, I know.  I am MONTHS behind.  I am going to do my best to catch up as much as I can, so I can start posting more up-to-date stuff.  We'll see how this goes, I am soooo far behind.  But a lot of the last several months I just don't want to forget so I am going to try and get it all on my blog if possible.  I hope I can remember it all...with it being so long ago (and my pregnancy brain, haha) things are a little foggy.  Lots coming in the near future so I want to be able to post a little more currently...can't do that if I am so far behind!  Mostly I want to have the best pictures and brief summary of what has been going on in the last four or five months. 
So here we go.  In September, after Sophia turned 2, Michael and I planned a visit to Orlando.  We actually go to Disney every other year in November with my family but thought this off year would be a great age for Sophia and we had enough credit card points to book a condo and we were going to get to see his family too...his mom even had some old Disney tickets that had never been used, so we were going to try and use them for the park. 
On our first park day, we went to Animal Kingdom.  It was quite warm that day.  We got there right when it opened...a little before actually and had to wait. 
 Sort of waiting patiently, haha
 And the hat didn't last long...
 Our first ride was the safari ride...started off sitting on Daddy's lap
 And switched to Mommy's lap! 
 Next we went over to the Nemo show.  Soph LOVED it.  As long as they stayed away from her, haha.  We were in the first row of the second section so a couple of times some of the characters did run right by us...but overall she really liked the show.  It helped that we had just seen Nemo in the theater.  :-)
 Then we saw a parade.  Soph liked it...but I think I was expecting a little bit more.  It was fine...just not as done up as a Magic Kingdom parade. 
 She waved to every character that went by.  We were right at the start, so we saw them all right when they came out. 
 Major waving at Mickey! :-) 
 Then we rode a (sideways) train.  I am glad we did this....she was really interested in trains for whatever reason and we totally forgot to ride the train when we went to Magic Kingdom...so I was glad we had at least done this one, even if it wasn't super exciting. 
 At the end of the train ride...she really didn't want to stand by this tiger, even though it looks pretty friendly. 
 And then we rode the safari ride again.  Soph decided to be a big girl and sit by herself.  But she kept her hand on Daddy, just in case.  :-)
 Meeting Minnie for the first time!  The park was about to close and as we were walking out we decided to stop by the character area, just to check.  Baloo and King Louie and some of those guys were the first one we saw...and Sophia did NOT want anything to do with them.  But then we saw Mickey...and he was leaving.  :-(  We waved goodbye to him and were about to walk away...and then Minnie came out!!  It was perfect timing.  Hardly anyone else was there so we had her almost to ourselves.  And she was super excited to meet Minnie. 
 Big hug and kiss for her favorite!! 
 I love this picture so much.  She didn't want to let go of Minnie for a second. 
And our picture in front of the Tree of Life before we left the park. 
It was sooo hot that day.  We ate as many of the cold treats as we could find throughout the day.  At one point, Sophia fell asleep in her stroller.  Her and I parked it by the baby care center (which was awesome, by the way.  I could go on about this forever.  Not that I have ever minded in the past, but I will never be bothered taking a child in diapers to any Disney park...they do their baby care centers up right.  This one even had a room with tables and a Disney movie playing.  Some cute little girls were in there and didn't want to leave so they could keep watching the movie!!) and Michael bought me a coke slushy (which had a Mickey form on the top of it...so cool!) and we just sat in the shade while Michael and his brother rode some rides.  It was relaxing and I got in a lot of good people watching.  :-) 
We had a blast, despite the heat.  Animal Kingdom is a LOT of walking....that park is huge.  I mean, all the parks you have to walk a lot...but AK just feels like you get in a good workout.  Sophia really did love it though, seeing all the animals, plus the obvious Disney aspect.  It was a good warm up for a big trip to Magic Kingdom (coming up next!).  

No comments:

Post a Comment