Monday, February 18, 2013

Visiting My Brother at College

At the beginning of October, we took one day and drove down to visit my brother at Columbus State.  Sophia misses her uncle SO much and I was missing him too.  It is a big difference with him at college, not getting to see him and hang out with him whenever we want to.  But I am glad he is at a college that he likes and is getting adjusted to.  I think the first year of college can be tough for everyone....getting used to being on your own, not being around all your familiar friends and family.  I think I felt a little homesick and lonely at times during my first year of college.  Even though we knew we'd see him at Thanksgiving the following month, we wanted to just go down and visit him in his atmosphere and have him show us around the campus. 
It started out pretty cold...actually the sun felt nice but it was so windy.  We wanted to find a place to eat lunch (about the time we arrived)....a lot was closed since it was on the early side of lunch on a Sunday!  We ended up eating at Mama Goldberg's and it was delicious.  After that, it started to warm up some and we decided to walk around the campus. Perfect time for a little photo shoot! :-)


 Sophia loves her Uncle Dillon SO much!
 Has to do everything he does, haha. 
 Big hug...
 ...and a little kiss too!
 Totally done sitting there, on to something else. 
 Which consisted of picking up sticks and whatever else she found on the ground. 
 Love this guy. 
 Over at the clock tower in the middle of campus.  Soph had to keep going up these brick stairs...
 ...and then down the other side.  Glad Uncle Dillon grabbed her hand finally. 
 Cool view from the bottom of the tower. 
 And it looked like someone proposed there the night before!  They left all the little candles there...pretty sweet though. 
After that Sophia was ready to move on to somewhere else. 
We had some fun picking up pine cones for my class and then we went to Walmart to get some curtains for Dillon's dorm room and then had a sort of late lunch before we had to head back home.  I would've liked to stay a little longer, but I think we didn't overstay our welcome and got to enjoy most of the day with my brother.  I am probably always going to worry about him so I am glad he is only a couple of hours away, in case he needs anything, or in case I just need to go visit him. :-)  Dillon was probably around Sophia's age when I went to college so I just want to make sure that she gets a lot of chances to talk to him and visit with him...she loves when he is here to play with her (he always plays whatever she wants to, even if it is dollhouse or tea party or whatever, he is such a good uncle!) and I want her to grow up close to him.  And I want to continue to stay close to him too!  He is my only brother and I got lucky to get a good one....him and me and my sister all need to stick together, we are the only siblings we have!  Anyway, we had a fun day down at Columbus St and I can't wait until we can go and visit again...maybe as soon as the weather gets warmer?  Love you, Dill!! :-) 

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Makes me want to go visit him right now. Love my siblings! =) And, Dill, seriously...are those my sunglasses??

    ReplyDelete