Friday, April 30, 2010

The End of Another Month.....

Wow, can't believe that April is over today and May will be here tomorrow. This year is flying by. Since it has been over a week since my last post, I will catch up a little that has gone on lately. On Wednesday, my little brother made his confirmation. Dillon, aka St. George, did a great job and answered his question from Arch-bishop Gregory with ease. Michael did great as his sponsor as well, although he really just had to stand behind Dill and put his hand on his shoulder. :-) I was impressed with this Arch-bishop a lot....he was very entertaining and even though the kids must've been intimidated when he asked them questions, he was funny and you could tell he was trying to get them to relax and laugh a little. Not only can I not remember who the Arch-bishop was when I was confirmed, I know that my confirmation was surely not entertaining at all. We just kneeled down and he said something to us and that was it. Even though the mass for Dillon's confirmation was pretty long (about 2 hours), I thought it was really nice and Michael and I are very proud of Dill for reaching this milestone.
Last night Michael had class so I went shopping, finally stocking up on some adorable baby girl clothes. I didn't really have anything in mind specifically to buy....but when I got into Bloomingdales and saw that the clearance baby clothes were an extra 40% off...and that a very large amount of them were Ralph Lauren items....well, I went a little crazy. My girl is going to be one adorably dressed girl! I even found a DKNY (who knew she did baby clothes??!!) outfit for her....and it was less than $20. The prize of the night though was a red velvet Ralph Lauren holiday dress orginally priced at $145 (cannot imagine who spends this on any one baby clothing item at all)........for $36!!!!!! I can just imagine now her Daddy carrying her into church on Christmas morning in this adorable dress....now I just need to buy her some little white tights and black patent mary janes to complete the perfect look!! Needless to say I am very excited about it....even though Christmas is a good 8 months away and the baby isn't even here yet, haha.
Tonight should be a relaxing night...well, for me.....Michael has got to study, study, study for his last final of the semester that will occur Monday night. But the rest of the weekend will be nice...I have to work tomorrow morning (as usual) but I think we are spending the rest of the weekend at my parents house....my sister and nephew are in town so it will be a fun family weekend, hopefully with nice weather and the pool involved. :-)
I am glad that the warmer months are upon us. No matter how hot I will feel this summer (with my extra padding, haha), I always like the warm summery months much better than the cold, dreary wintery months. Just something about nice, warm weather makes me in a much better mood. And I also know that at the end of these nice, hot summery months I will be getting a huge present.....the baby!!! And she needs to get here soon so she can start wearing all her cute new clothes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment